Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My i140 approved so my employers wants to apply for my H1B extension

Hello Friends,

I have question with respect to my H1B petition.

I filed for my H1 and H4 extension in June 2020 and my H1 got approved in July with end date as January 2021. H4 extension for my spouse is still pending as biometric procedure is not yet completed, I94 expiry date for H4 was July 2020.

Considering the delays in getting biometric appointment because of Covid situation it may take another month or two before we can get H4 Biometric appointment.

Now I have my i140 approved so my employers wants to apply for my H1B extension (new petition) in the month of September 2020.

My question is
    1. My employer can still file for new H1B extension for me while H4 biometric is pending?
    1. If yes, then how would I get H4 extended later once biometric is done and the petition gets approved based on my old petition which was approved on July 2020. Will I have to wait for new petition to get approved and then apply for H4 extension again?

Thank in Advance for your time to read and respond to my post.

1. My employer can still file for new H1B extension for me while H4 biometric is pending?

YES

2. If yes, then how would I get H4 extended later once biometric is done and the petition gets approved based on my old petition which was approved on July 2020. Will I have to wait for new petition to get approved and then apply for H4 extension again?

You don't have to file an H4 Extension again unless the validity of H4 is expiring soon.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	My employer can still file for new H1B extension for me while H4 biometric is pending?.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	77

Comment

Working...
      X